Saturday, November 13, 2010

Not deleting text messages in my phone finally bit me in the ass.

That's what happens when one does not clean up his phone inbox and let 5000+ messages accumulate. Lately, the phone is prone to suddenly freezing for several minutes.

Yesterday, it happened while I was on my way to an appointment; I couldn't access my client's text message so removed the SIM and microSD from the phone and let it run with minimal apps. I was able to and, after several restarts, was finally able to get the text message inbox to open and get the info I needed.

I plugged back the microSD and proceeded to back up the phone's data while on the road. I would've reformatted the phone too, but I didn't know the phone's security code to let me do that. It would've been awesome, completing a backup, complete reset and restoration in a phone while i a cab. That's my tech support self geeking out, sorry.

I just completed reformatting and restoring my phone. The 5000+ messages were backed up but I didn't restore them anymore. There were some stored messages there that I wish I could've retained to my phone, but there's no way to selectively message folders so they'll have to stay in my archives for now.

1 comment:

Kervs Lopes said...

You could try to restore the messsages and retain the archive, then whittle the messages down to the ones you want to retain on your phone. Just backup your archive on the pc and label it as your main archive.